Thursday, March 14, 2013

My Little Guy!

So my son is now 13 months old and since birth has had some minor health issues. It started with acid reflux (meds until recently), then we got that under control only to start with a ear infection that lasted several months. We went though about 10 antibiotics and 1 trip to the ER.  We then figured it was time for tubes. So after a trip to All Children's Hospital in St. Petersburg. Let me just tell you All Children's Hospital is an amazing establishment. The staff is great and the whole experience was top notch. Granted we had minor procedure done, and I know there are many parents and kids there for many reasons, but they have a well oiled ship there. So my little guy was doing well until some cultures came back of his sinuses he has a major infection and back on antibiotics for 20 days!!! Then after the 20 days it was back to All Children's for a CT scan . The scan came back that my son still had an infection and virtually the smallest (almost non existent) sinuses. Next step surgery. So two weeks ago my son went under to basically create sinuses for him. We then headed to our doctors surgery center in Tampa for the procedure. He came out of surgery just great but it has been a challenging.  He cannot breath out of his nose due to swelling and so sleep has been difficult in us all. As I write this we are on the eve of his last surgery. I certainly hope that this will be the last and he can get the relief he will need.
This is how he came out of surgery the first time!
 

1 comment:

  1. Look at that sweet handsome boy! Thinking of you guys. Lots of love and good vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete