Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The art of diaper bag packing

The diaper bag, the bag filled with all the essential goodies to make our little one happy. It is important not to forget anything, because that one time you do is when you will need it. I have put together a list of what I put in my "Main" diaper bag.  It may seem like alot to tote around and it is, so I keep a smaller bag with me at all times that I put the items I need for that particular outing.

1. Diapers
2. Wipes
3. Diaper garbage bags- For those times when you need to stash the dirty diaper in your bag.
4. Bottles
5. Formula- for those breast feeding just switch the formula for a nursing cover.
6. Bottle of water- I never trust the water anywhere except my own house.
7.Changing pad
8. Change of clothes for baby and mommy- I always keep an extra shirt with me for those little accidents.
9.Bibs
10.Blankets- I always have three
11.Any kind of toy or favorite item to keep the little one occupied
12. Pacifier
13. A packet of food. and spoon.  You never know when you will get stuck somewhere at a feeding. I love the Sprout Organic baby food the packaging is just perfect for tossing in your bag.
14. Camera/Video camera
15. Important phone number sheet.
16. Medical packet to include: infant/child Tylenol, gripe water, gas relief drops, neosporin, thermometer, and band aids.

Like I said this sounds like alot but I have smaller bag that I fill.  Speaking of diaper bags below are some of my favorite diaper bags, if money was no object :) )


Louis Vuitton Monogram Diaper bag retails for $2,150.00

Rebecca Minkoff diaper bag retails for $475.00

Timi and Leslie Charlie diaper bag retails for $149.99

No comments:

Post a Comment